Marengo Union Junior Tackle Football Club
Hello Marengo Junior Tackle Football Families.
I am sure that most of you have heard that the news is not good regarding the upcoming fall Junior Tackle season.
The NIFC, in accordance with the IDPH, IHSA, along with the mandates from Governor Pritzker's office, has canceled the upcoming fall football season. I know this is frustrating news for all of us. Trust me, no one is more upset by it then the Marengo Junior Tackle Board. The NIFC has said that there will be a discussion on trying to do something in the spring, similar to what the IHSA programs are doing, but what that will look like and the reality of it happening has not been discussed at this point. We will keep all of you posted as things develop over the upcoming months.
You will be receiving information regarding fundraising in the near future. We do still need to raise money for the equipment refurbishing we already have in process, as well as other expenses we will still owe to keep this program healthy, until we are able to resume play next July, at the very latest.
I do not like being the bearer of bad news, but this is the reality for now. We hope all of you will remain patient and be ready when we are able to return to the field.
Thank you for all your support. Our numbers were looking really good compared to some of the other programs in our league, and this is very encouraging.
Please stay safe and feel free to reach out to any of our board members or through Email if you have any questions.
Chris Vandello -MUJTFC President
This program is available for children who are 6 years old (as of August 1) through 8th grade
MUJTFC are members of the NIFC (Northern Illinois Football Conference) https://nifcfootball.org
Flyweights – Max of 8 years old
- Weight Restrictions: 100 lbs. Max Ball Carrier Weight: 85 lbs.
- Game-Day Max Weight: Non-Petitioned 107 lbs.; Petitioned 110 lbs.
Lightweights – 9 years old and under
- Weight Restrictions: 125 lbs.
- Max Ball Carrier Weight: 110 lbs.
- Game-Day Max Weight: Non-Petitioned 132 lbs.; Petitioned 135 lbs.
Middleweights - 10 years old and under
- Weight Restrictions: 135 lbs.
- Max Ball Carrier Weight: 120 lbs.
- Game-Day Max Weight: Non-Petitioned 142 lbs.; Petitioned 145 lbs.
Heavyweights - 11&12 years old and under
- Weight Restrictions: 165 lbs.
- Max Ball Carrier Weight: 140 lbs.
- Game-Day Max Weight: Non-Petitioned 172 lbs.; Petitioned 175 lbs.
7th & 8th Grade – Middle School Divisions
- Weight Restrictions: None
- Max Ball Carrier Weight: None
All Games are on Saturday - Members of NIFC (Northern Illinois football conference)
Thanks for visiting the Marengo Union Junior Tackle Indians Football Club site. We provide quality football and programs for our youth in the Marengo and Union, Illinois communities.
This site will have all the latest Indian's news and information, so visit often to keep up to date.